Welcome! Please e-sign our release form before you arrive at the farm. If you have any questions, please text Kelly at 425-681-2460.
Grateful Pine Farm Rules
All participants and guests to Grateful Pine Farm must understand and agree to abide by the following rules and regulations. If any participants or guests do not comply with these rules, they may be asked to leave.
1. Barn hours are 6:00 am to 10:00 pm.
2. Each person on the property must sign a release. Anyone other than you who will be riding, caring for or visiting your horse on a regular basis should be introduced to staff so that we know they have your permission to work with your horse.
3. No dogs or other pets allowed on the premises, except by prior revocable permission of STABLE in the specified dog areas on the west side of the farm. $75 fine for each violation.
4. Do not feed, touch or handle anyone else’s horse without their explicit permission.
5. No smoking anywhere on the property. $75 fine for each violation.
6. Protective headgear required by all those under 18 years of age.
7. No riding, mounting or dismounting in barn aisle ways (except Barn A by tack room).
8. Clean up after yourself and your horse in all common areas, including sweeping the crosstie areas and removing your horse’s manure from the arena footing.
9. Keep your tack and equipment tidy in the tack room. Treats must be in sealed containers.
10. Do not use anyone else’s tack, equipment, supplies or treats without their permission.
11. Park in designated areas only. No trailer parking or long term parking without agreement.
12. Do not groom, leave your horse tied, or work “at liberty” in the arenas. Please, use round pen. This is to protect and preserve the footing and base.
13. Use safe, appropriate and fair horsemanship at all times. If GPF determines that you are behaving unsafely or unjustly to you horse, you can be asked to leave. No tying on the bridle or ground tying. No excessive or prolonged use of force. No leaving your horse unattended in common areas. You must be under control when riding. No riding behind the barns or in turnouts, stay on bridle path and in arenas/trail course.
14. Proper and safe riding attire and equipment is required at all times. This includes appropriate footwear: riding boots with a short heel for safety in the stirrups and close-toed protective shoes for working on the ground with or leading horses.
15. C Barn, caretakers’ apartment, the pool area, and the main home are private.
16. If there are people riding in the indoor, please try not to lunge or keep lunging or in-hand work brief. Lunge only at C end so gates are not blocked. Keep 2 horse-lengths off of the rail.
17. Do not provide additional feed from farm’s feed stores to your horse. Arrange a feed increase with staff so that inventory can be managed to prevent feed shortages. If traveling, only take the feed your horse will use for the days he will be gone. Ask staff to assist you in preparing your horse’s To-Go rations. Haul-in and visiting horses are not permitted to consume feed or shavings unless pre-purchased as needed.
18. Do not turn your horse out on grass pastures that are being rested. The grass will die if it is not properly managed. We will indicate when and where grass turnout is available.
19. FOR SAFETY/LIABILITY YOU MUST HAVE A ORIENTATION WITH ONE OF OUR TRAINERS BEFORE ENTERING OR USING THE HORSE PARK ON YOUR OWN, EVEN IF YOU ARE VERY EXPERIENCED.
HAUL-IN & HORSE PARK GUIDELINES
If you are hauling in to GPF to use the trail park or arenas, please understand that you do so under the terms of the following guidelines. Any participant may be asked to leave or asked not to return if we feel the participant is not participating in accordance with our guidelines and rules.
All haul-ins must have a current haul-in membership in good standing. No per diem haul-ins or haul-ins without membership will be permitted.
Haul-ins must be in a lesson or assisted by a GPF trainer.
No unsupervised haul-ins are allowed unless by special permission.
Haul-in members are permitted to use the trail park, bridle path, round pen, and indoor or outdoor arenas. Haul-in members may also use the cross ties and wash racks in A barn. No stall or turnout use is permitted. Please only ride on designated paths, arenas, or areas.
Do not take or use any bedding or feed. Feel free to help yourself to coffee, tea, or cocoa from the Keurig.
Clean up manure, hair, and hay around your trailer and grooming area before you leave, as well as picking up any manure in the arena footing or trail park.
Please don’t park your trailer directly in front of the barn or arena entrance. You may park on the other side of the parking lot by the horse trailers or in the field.
No dogs are allowed near the arena, trail park or barn. Dogs must stay in your car, unless by prior permission by GPF in the specified dog walking areas only.
No teaching/training, taking lessons from an outside trainer, or engaging in any commercial activities on the property without prior signed agreement with GPF and proof of insurance.
Please be considerate to boarders and other participants and respect all signage, closures and requests by staff or trainers.
Helmets recommended for all ages. Safe tack and attire required. Leg protection recommended for horses in the trail park. Loaner boots available – just ask.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Kelly Munro at 425-681-2460 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
FOR SAFETY/LIABILITY YOU MUST HAVE A ORIENTATION WITH ONE OF OUR TRAINERS BEFORE ENTERING OR USING THE HORSE PARK ON YOUR OWN, EVEN IF YOU ARE VERY EXPERIENCED.